Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Shopping for the First Time in a Year (Grocery Shopping That is...)



"So I was up really late last night or really early this morning trying to get my blogging MOJO. I went to bed a little before everyone else was to wake up. I thought I was going to get more sleep on my hiatus..."

Today I went grocery shopping for the first time since I don't know when. It has to at least been a year. No, we haven't gone without shopping for a year and living off our food storage. It's just that "I" haven't been the one doing the shopping. Phil took over all the domestic stuff I used to do BS (before school). I think I like it when he shops better. He spends less money. Although we haven't been shopping for a couple of weeks so that could explain the $$$ expenditures... When I came home from Walmart, McCall helped me put the groceries away. She said, "I like it better when you
do the shopping." I brought home some bakery items, hence the reason why she likes it when I shop. Oh, she did say a few minutes later, "When you go shopping you buy lots of packets of Kool-Aid (like 30 only because they were 10 for $1) not just a couple like dad." It's amazing what things your kids find important... Kool-aid, who would of thought! Yeah, after we got the groceries put away she said, "Dawson, you want me to make some Kool-aid?" She made this Kool-aid that just looked like water, it apparently tasted good because they drank it all up.

Dawson had his first baseball practice tonight. His team is the Angels (again). He was kind of bummed that he didn't catch any pop-flies. I said,
"Just keep your eye on the ball." He got a little upset and said, "I was but I didn't catch any of them." McCall told him that she would help him practice catching pop-flies. After Dawson finished his homework, she went out and helped him work on catching a pop-fly. What would I or our family do with out McCall??... I certainly don't know what I did to deserve to be the mother of such a unique spirit.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great!!!!! Keep it up! Let me know if you need any help. :)

    ReplyDelete