Friday, May 8, 2009

Oops!!! I Missed a Day

Since I'm new to this blogging thing missing a day is allowed... right?? Well, if not I did it anyhay. I'm just going to write random things today, so beware!

On Wednesday when Dawson got home he pulls this picture out of his backpack and says, "Look what I made you Mom!" He holds up this picture...



I asked him, "Did you mean the peace as in the peace sign?" He says, "Yes." So I told him,"You did spell piece right, but that is the piece like as in "a piece of pie". The peace that you are talking about is spelled P-E-A-C-E." He looked kind of disappointed, but I said, "Don't ruin it I want to keep it because it's funny." I hope those of you who read this find it humorous too!


Dawson bought this flower for me from his school's outdoor greenhouse for mother's day. It's my favorite type of annual. Snapdragons remind me of my childhood at Grandma & Grandpa Fujikawa's playing with my cousins, Clara, Debbie, Karen, and Kenna. They are the ones who taught me how to make the snapdragons snap.


Gangsta Dawson

My sister's dog Rodie got hit by a car today. I went with her to get him and take him to the vet. Her dog is a boxer, so he is big and heavy. We had to get a blanket and roll him on it because he couldn't get up, and then we had to carry him and put him in the car. When we got him to the vet she said that more than likely his spinal cord was severed and that is why he couldn't get up. She also said that he probably has internal injuries and is bleeding internally. She said she could stabilize him and then take x-rays to find out what is going on, but if his spinal cord is severed he would never gain recovery of the ability to walk and his internal injuries could be severe. My poor sister had to decide what to do. She had just done this very same thing with her dog Kobe 6 months ago. She got Rodie after Kobe had to be put to sleep. Dawn (my sis) decided she didn't want Rodie to suffer so she made the ever painful decision to have him put to sleep. That's the worst part about having pets. It's so hard to lose them and when you are put in a position to choose whether to let them live in pain or to free them of their suffering by putting them to sleep it isn't easy. It was heartbreaking for Dawn, but I'm glad that I was with her. She came over to our house after and she hung out for the night. I hope that being with us helped her feel a little bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment